Please use the Symbaloo (click on the icon) below to access the following websites! Thank-you!
What's New in our MS/HS Library!
Alex Researcher is now in the Cloud!
- Our MS/HS online library catalog has been upgraded to a new version, Alexandria v7, which allows our catalog to be hosted in the Cloud.
- Our MS/HS online catalog, Alex Researcher, is now available to students/staff 24/7, 365 days per year!
- It is a similar to our old version, Alexandria v6, but there are some neat changes. For written directions for using Alex Researcher, all four modules, v7, click written directions for v7.
- For short videos explaining how to use Alexandria Researcher, Search module, v7, click Alex v7 videos.
- With v7, students/staff can now access their library account, at anytime, with their barcode number and password.
- Once logged in, students/staff can check to see what books they currently have checked out, when those books are due, can see any overdue book fines/lost book charges, place holds on books they want to check out, write book reviews, etc. (Due to COVID-19, students are not being charged for overdue book fines after March 13, 2020, and throughout the 2020-2021 school year. Students/staff are still responsible paying for any lost books.)
- Virtual students may use the new Alexandria Researcher to request books from the library. After placing your hold on a book or books, Mrs. Wiley will email you when they are ready to be picked up in the MS or the HS office.
- All students/staff will need to contact Mrs. Wiley for their username and password to access their account.
New PRocedure this school year:
When you come into the library to get a book:
- First, use the hand sanitizer on the corner shelf of Mrs. Wiley's desk.
- Second, sign in on the black binder with your first and last name, class you are coming from, and your time of arrival in the library.
- Use a pen/pencil from the green container - these are clean.
- Put used pen/pencil in the red container - these are dirty and will be cleaned.
- Third, you may browse for a book.
- Fourth, bring your book up to the desk for check out.
- Before leaving the library, sign out on the black binder by writing down the time you are leaving, then put pen/pencil in red container.
You can also use Alex Researcher (our online library catalog) to search for books from your Chromebook. Look in the bookmarks area under the URL in your browser.
- Go to Clarke Book Marks and pull down to choose Alexandria.
- When Alexandria opens, click on Researcher (looks like a magnifying glass).
- You can do a quick search by author, title, series, subject or all word, or go to the Explore section and click on “What’s New.”
- To place holds on books or reserve books, you need a username and
- Our online catalog is available 24/7!
If you would like to request or book title or an author for the MS/HS Library, please click here. Mrs. Wiley will find the book/author and read reviews for your suggestion. If it’s recommended for MS/HS students, it may be added to our library.
Rubik’s Cubes are not available for check out this school year, 2020-2021.
Feeling stressed? Need a break? The Stress-Less Station will hopefully return next school year!
Don’t throw old markers away! Students, teachers, staff, bring your old dried-out markers, any kind, to the MS/HS Library. Place them in the white box inside the main door, and when the box is full, they will be shipped, free of charge, to Crayola to be recycled. The paper box is ready and waiting - keep bringing in markers to recycle!
Students and parents:
Clarke MS/HS Library is a combined 6th-12th grade library. The collection is not leveled or organized by grade or content. Every student has access to all books/materials available in the library.
Information about some of the websites above:
Alexandria Researcher - Online Catalog - search the MS/HS catalog by author, title, subject, call number, key word, series, eBook, most popular, what's new and award winners to find the book you are looking for! Our online catalog is now available 24/7!
Questions? Ask Mrs. Wiley today!
Abookandahug.com - a book recommendation site for Middle and High School students.
Guys Read - recommends books for guys to read.
60second Recap® - brings classic literature to life with short videos that explain critical points for discussion and understanding, including plot, themes, characters, symbols, and more. The site's 600+ videos have helped high school students and teachers around the world with reading comprehension, essay-writing, and understanding of key literary terms.
Iowa AEA Online Resources -
Please ask or email Mrs. Wiley for login and password information. This information is only provided for Clarke students, teachers/staff and families of Clarke students.
MackinVia - Fiction and Nonfiction eBooks. For first time users, type Clarke High School or Clarke Middle School, Osceola, IA, then use the Iowa AEA Online Resources username and password for the MS/HS to log-in to this sight. Once on the site, click "login" at the top right corner of the page, and then create your own account called "backpack". Use your backpack username and password to log again.
Follett Shelf - MS/HS Fiction and Nonfiction eBooks. Use the AEA Iowa Online Resources username and password to login to the site. See Mrs. Wiley if you need this log-in information. When you click on the Follett Shelf icon above, it will take you to then Green Hills AEA MediaNet web page. Look for Follett Shelf on the right side of the page, and click it to access the site.
Project Gutenberg - offers over 42,000 free eBooks: choose among free e pub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.
WILBOR - Check out an eBook or Audio book for FREE on your Windows/Mac laptop or desktop computer, Android phone, Blackberry or iPod, iPad, iPhone, Nook or Kindle, etc., using your public library card number.
Monday - Friday
7:45 am to 3:45 pm
The library will be closed on weekends, major holidays, spring break and during summer vacation.
Alex Researcher, our MS/HS Online Catalog, is available 24/7! You can access the catalog by clicking on Clarke Book Marks in the browser of you school issued Chromebook, and pulling down to HS/MS Alexandria.
Mrs. Kelly Wiley
6-12 Teacher Librarian
9-12 Study Hall Supervisor