CLARKE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
Meeting ID: 985 5710 1582
Monday, September 14, 2020
ALL ATTENDEES MUST WEAR A FACE MASK OR SHIELD
The mission of Clarke Community School District is to achieve educational excellence. Our vision is to be a progressive district where all students can learn.
1.Meeting called to order
2. Roll Call:
3. Approve Agenda – Motion needed.
4. Public Hearing Adjust 2020-2021 School Calendar – This is the time for citizens to address the board regarding making an adjustment to the 2020-21 school calendar.
5. Consider Adjusting the 2020-2021 Calendar – The public has had a chance to review and make any comments regarding the calendar at the public hearing portion of this meeting. The Clarke administrative team is recommending a two hour late start each Friday beginning September 25th, 2020. After the public hearing, the board will discuss and approve any needed adjustments to the 2020-2021 school calendar. - Motion needed
7. Public Comments
8. Consent Agenda
A. Approve Board meeting minutes: August 20, 2020 and August 21, 2020 special meetings.
B. Approve the following personnel items:
Resignations: Mary Murphy; Webmaster position end of her 2020-21 contract, unless a suitable replacement is found.
Termination: Bette Losse; Secondary campus Special Education Associate.
Request to add positions: Jeff Sogard is requesting to add three (3) additional ELL Interpreter positions and he is requesting to add a custodian position.
Transfers: Martha Contreras from ELL Interpreter at the Secondary Campus to ELL Interpreter Elementary Campus.
Early Retirement: Jane Wargo has turned in application for early retirement and upon acceptance of early retirement, letter of resignation to be effective at the end of this school year.
Master’s Degree Approvals: Alisha Evans, Masters in Educational Administration, anticipated September 30, 2020.
Movement Across Salary Schedule: BA to MA – Molly Audlehelm; BA+27 to MA – Beth Comer; BA to MA – Allison Graesing.
C. Approve the bills submitted for payment – Crawford reviews bills for September
(Oct. – Short, Nov. – Galvez, Dec. - O’Hair, January – White, Feb – Henry, Mar. – Deutsch, April – Crawford)
D. Approve the submitted financial reports –
E. Approve early graduation request: Pedro Delgado-Garrido, Hunter Garrett and Frederick Arman for their request’s contingent upon satisfying all graduation requirements. - Motion needed
9. Committee Reports
- Facility Committee Report
- Construction Committee Progress Report.
10. Old Business
11. New Business
Kennedy Bland Speech Information Only: Kennedy Bland has requested to give a speech entitled “Keeping Race Away from our Mascots”. Open Enrollment(s) Information Only: Trey Burton (4) and Brady Burton (9) from Clarke to Winterset; Sydney Busick (7) from Clarke to Murray; Tristin Nowakowski (1) and Huxley Thomas (1) from Clarke to Central Decatur; Brenton Rose (6) from Clarke to Interstate 35.
- Construction Change Orders: I recommend the board approve the following change orders:
- ØCaliber Concrete: Per PCOs 080-082. PCO 080 Item 001 Beginning BP B allowance is $2,076.68. Remaining allowance is $1,446.68. PCO 081 Item 001 Add Piers at Entry $2,500.00. PCO 082 Item 001, Beginning BP B allowance is $1,466.68. Remaining allowance is $26.17. PCO 080 Item 002 Additional 32’ of Footing $630.00. PCO 082 Item 002 Remove/replace Sidewalk & Curb $1420.51.
- ØCaliber Concrete: Per PCO 083 Item 001, removal of stairs and walls in Area A $17,600.00
- ØDDVI, Inc: Per PCO 79 Item 001, Furr wall in restroom 118 with drywall -$1,153.79. - Motion needed.
- Safe Route Trail Project:
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors of the Clarke Community School District has received a proposal to convey an interest in real property to the City of Osceola, Iowa for good and valuable consideration. The property interest includes a temporary construction easement and permanent recreational trail easement across real estate legally described as:The Northeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (NE1/4 NE1/4) of Section 18, Township 72 North, Range 25 West of the Fifth P.M., in Clarke County, Iowa
WHEREAS, it is appropriate pursuant to Iowa Code Section 297.22 to publish a Notice of the proposed conveyance and of the hearing and to receive and consider objections and petitions.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of the Clarke Community School District:
That this Board shall set a public hearing on the conveyance of the above described Property for October 12, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. in the High School/Middle School LMC located at 800 N. Jackson, Osceola, Iowa.
That the Secretary is authorized and directed to prepare, publish, and distribute the Notice of Hearing.
PASSED AND APPROVED this 14th day of September, 2020.
|CLARKE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT|
- - Motion needed.
- Increase Adult Meal Prices: Kathy Simmerman is recommending we increase the adult meal price to $3.85 as per guidance from the Department of Education. I recommend the board approve this increase. -Motion needed.
- Leader in Me Agreement: Jody Kerchal has submitted the Leader in Me renewal agreement for the 2020-21 school year for $5,675.00. I recommend the board approve this agreement. - Motion needed.
- Update Webmaster Job Description: I recommend the board approve the updates to the Webmaster job description. - Motion needed.
- Coaches getting CDL’s (Discussion Only) This was recommended for discussion from the 8/10/20 Meeting.
- Safety Concern list on facilities: This was recommended for discussion from the 8/10/20 Meeting.
- Seating at the football field and gyms: This was recommended for discussion from the 8/10/20 Meeting.
12. Principal/Director/Coordinator Reports
- Reports have been submitted for board review/questions.
13. Supt. Report
- Covid-19 updates as received
- Superintendent’s Advisory Committee-began tonight
- Facility Committee begins meeting September 29
First Reading: - No action is taken with first reading.
- Review: - None
Second Reading: - Motion needed.
15. Consider Board Agenda Items