Clarke students, families, and community,
I hope you are having a healthy and safe summer.
A team of Clarke administrators, staff, and I have been working diligently planning the educational delivery for next school year and the return to school for students and staff when it is safe to do so.
The state of Iowa has defined this plan as “Return-to-Learn. I have added information below that describes Return-to-Learn.
Return-to-Learn plans must to be submitted to the Iowa Department of Education by July 1, 2020. These plans are designed to help school districts and nonpublic schools meet the challenges of 2020- 21 by:
- Ensuring that remote learning options are available for all students;
- Planning to help students catch-up for the learning they may have missed during school closures;
- Integrating public health strategies into Iowa’s schools;
- Enabling schools to move between on-site and remote learning as needed; and
- Helping the Department and our partners at Iowa’s area education agencies (AEAs) understand how best to support schools.
All districts and nonpublic schools must submit a Return-to-Learn Plan through the Department’s Consolidated Accountability and Support Application (CASA).
The following links will provide additional information for your convenience.
Please contact me with questions at 641-342-4969 Ext. 6.
Steve L. Seid, Superintendent