Clarke Community School District
The Clarke Community School District is pleased to announce that a contract for Superintendent of Clarke Community School District
has been offered to Mrs. Benita Gonzales.
Mrs. Gonzales is currently a Shared Superintendent between
Sigourney and Tri-County Community School Districts.
She has worked in the Sigourney and Tri County Districts as Superintendent since 2011.
There were 22 applicants for the position.
The board interviewed five finalists for the position during the week of March 25th.
Mrs. Gonzales will assume the duties of Superintendent beginning July 1, 2013.
McPherson & Jacobson L.L.C. served as consultants
in the search process and will continue working with the
Clarke Community School District Board of Education and the new superintendent
in helping establish performance objectives for Mrs. Gonzales.
Parent-school relationships thrive at Clarke Community Schools
due, in part, to the efforts of the following activities:
|* Parent-Advisory Committee
* Band Boosters
* Volunteers/Classroom Coordinators
* Parent-Teacher Conferences
* Clarke Community Booster Club
* Parent/Teacher Community Organization (PTCO)
Student needs are met with these
personal, educational, and vocational services:
|* Special Education Programs
*Cooperative Occupational Education (COE)
* Independent Study, optional secondary Extended Learning
* Computer Labs
* Media Centers
* English as a Learning Language Program
* Self-Contained Classrooms at elementary
* Extended Learning Program - Talented and Gifted
* Guidance Counselors, Grades K-12
* Nurses, Grades K-12
* Title I Reading & Title I Math
* Clarke Learning Center (Alternative Program)