Changes Made to Student Honors and Awards
School Board policies 505.3 Student Honors and Awards and 505.5 Graduation Requirements were changed and approved on Monday, September 25th.
The new policies will take effect starting with the class of 2021 (this year’s freshmen). Please see the summary below. Mrs. Scott will work to inform the Class of 2021 starting October 12.
There are no changes to the students honors and awards or diploma programs for the Classes of 2018, 2019, and 2020.
1) Eliminate class rank
2) Eliminate valedictorian, salutatorian and Top Ten awards at graduation
3) Eliminate the honors diploma
1) **Award students with a cumulative GPA of 4.0 or greater as “Top of the Class” at graduation.
2) Award students with a cumulative GPA of 3.75-3.99 as graduating “With High Distinction” at graduation.
3) Award students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5-3.74 as graduating “With Distinction” at graduation.
*Students who graduate having attended more than eight semesters of high school will not be eligible for these honors and awards unless at the principal’s discretion.
**When class rank is required for scholarship purposes any and all students achieving 4.0 or greater will be ranked number one.