Clarke to Host Free FAFSA Event
Clarke will host a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) completion event being held at Clarke Community High School on Tuesday, October 24th. (This is also the first night of parent/teacher conferences.) The event will be held in the library media center from 4:00-7:00 PM. Staff from Clarke, SWCC, and ICAN (Iowa College Access Network) will be present to assist you in filing your FAFSA. Please drop in at any time.
If you already have your FSA ID it will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete the FAFSA. If you don’t have your FSA ID we can create one at the event, but it will go much faster if it is done in advance. Both student and parent will need an FSA ID. To create yours visit https://fasid.ed.gov.
Following is a list of items you should bring with you to the FAFSA completion event. If you have any questions please contact Jennifer Scott, school counselor, at Clarke Community High School.
- Your completed 2016 taxes and W2s for the parents and students (if they filed)
- Student’s and parents’ Social Security numbers
- Student’s and parents’ driver’s licenses.
- Parents’ 2016 untaxed income records (Social Security, FIP, welfare, disability, or veteran’s benefits)
- Parents’ 2016 business and investment mortgage information, business farm records, stock, bonds, and other investment records (You do NOT need records for a farm you live on and operate, ONLY investment farms.)
- Alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)